Noodle Pudding – yes, we know, it’s a strange name for an Italian restaurant. Get over it!
We started coming here when we were in our 2nd year of Parsons & living a few blocks away on Willow Street and continue to till this day. Some Noodle Numbers:
- thousands: calories consumed (maybe hundreds of thousands?)
- hundreds: friday night / post work week venting dinners
- dozens: birthdays celebrated
- one: gallery show (jasmin’s!)
Our love for noodle is for the simple reasons: incredible food (local ingredients when possible: i.e. Jersey tomatoes), inexpensive house wine, olive oil (with garlic, tomatoes and a touch of hot pepper), sweet & sincere staff that we now count as friends, and to seal the deal: kitchy Christmas lights that change seasonally.
Our usuals include:
- Caesar hold the anchovies
- Zucchini blossoms (a special when in season)
- Fried calamari
- Gnocchi in sage & butter (pillows of buttery heaven)
- Hand rolled whole wheat penne with vodka sauce (not on the menu but ask anyway, make sure to say extra sauce!)
- 1/2 roasted chicken with leeks & pancetta
Oh, and anything else on the menu. Especially their specials. They make a beautiful veggie plate for those not wanting to be fat.
Two things to note so you don’t get annoyed: it’s cash only, after a bottle of wine & 3 desserts you won’t want to walk to the ATM. On weekends it gets very crowded with little waiting room. Avoid going between 7 & 9, if you do, then be patient, it’s worth it we promise!Noodle Pudding 38 Henry Street Brooklyn NY 11201 718-625-3737